The 10 Richest Bloggers!
For most of us, blogging is just a little something we do on the side for fun. For a very select few though, it is a way to make a living and earn more money than you could ever dream of in your ordinary job. Here is a list of the 10 richest bloggers out there, and who knows, maybe your name will one day be among them!
1. Michael Arrington has a net worth of over 15 million dollars and his blog Techcrunch.com earns up to 800,00 dollars every month. Arrington originally used his blog to look at startup companies in Silicon Valley, but it has now grown to be one of the most important sites for technological news on the Internet
2. Pete Cashmore is the youngest person on the list, and his site Mashable.com (which he started when he was 19 years old), is now the leading blog on social media news. He earns around 600,000 dollars every month from around 25 million visitors, has over 3 million followers on Twitter, and is regarded as one of the most influential persons on the entire Internet.
It’s good to be Pete Cashmore nowadays
3. We all know about Perez Hilton and his gossip site about celebrities. It turns out Perez, whose real name is Mario Armando Lavandeira, Jr), makes quite a lot of money on his accurate and sometimes not so accurate “news”, earning between 200,000 and 400,00 dollars every month.
4. SmashingMagazine.com is a blog that offers tips on web design and site development, and it gives the founder Vitaly Friedman a nice monthly income of up to 190,000 dollars. If you have a blog of your own, and you are maybe interested in making a little more out of it, his blog is absolutely worth checking out.
5. Timothy Sykes was a financial wonder kid, starting a hedge fund when he was only 18. Sykes is also a successful author, and his blog TimothySykes.com, where he offers financial advice and stock picks, earns him around 150,000 dollars each month.
6. Gina Trapani is the only woman on the top 10 list, and her personal improvement blog Lifehacker.com brings in 110,000 dollars on a monthly basis. Lifehacker is now a part of the Gawker blog group, and Trapani also has weekly columns on other major web publications.
Gina Trapani is the only woman among the 10 richest bloggers
7. Gothamist.com started up as blog that focused on news, events, food and culture in New York City, but it has now expanded to other cities also. Jake Dobin (who created the blog) earns from 80,000-110,000 dollars every month, and the site has won a lot of praise and awards.
8. Tutsplus.com offers courses and tutorials on various things such as blogs, web design, music production and video editing. Collis Ta’eed, who also has a lot of other projects going on, gets around 100,000 dollars from membership fees and advertising every month.
9. Matt Marshall’s VentureBeat.com is one of the leading sites on technology, innovative companies and their leaders. Marshall, who was an acclaimed journalist, cashes in up to 100,000 dollars monthly from the site.
10. Ewdison Then started the blog SlashGear.com in 2005, and it is now one of the most popular sites on technology and gadgets, and it’s published daily in both english and japanese. Then gets around 80 000 dollars every month for his efforts, which is not bad at all.
Although these guys have more than enough to pay the rent, they are still miles away from the Top 10 Athletes Salaries!
Perez Hilton has one of the most popular blogs in the world