Top 10 Richest People in the World!
The list of the 10 richest people the world, consist of people who are all over 50 years old. The youngest is 54, while the oldest one is 81. USA dominates the list with 4 out of 10 being American. Another interesting point is that there is only one woman who made the Top 10. Most of them are CEOs or owners of large companies, while only one person on the list is there due to inheritance.
1. Carlos Slim Helu, 74 billion dollars: The world’s richest man is Mexican business tycoon Carlos Slim Helu. He holds the position for the third year in a row, and he is CEO of huge telecom companies like Telemex and America Movil.
2. Bill Gates, 56 billion dollars: Former CEO of Microsoft and philanthropist Bill Gates is one of the main people responsable for the expansion of Personal Computers all over the world
3. Warren Buffet, 50 billion dollars: CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and financial genius, Buffet is known as the “Wizard of Omaha”.
One of the greatest investors of all time, and in adiation a very successful author.
4. Bernard Arnault, 41 billion dollars: French business magnate and CEO of Louis Vuitton and Moët Hennessy,LVMH. The richest person in Europe, and “Fashion Person of 2011″ according to Forbes.
5. Larry Ellison, 39,5 billion dollars: CEO of world leading software company Corporation. A true jet-setter who competes in sailing, and as a licenced pilot he can fly his own jets.
6. Lakshmi Mittal, 39,1 billion dollars: Indian steel king and Asia’s wealthiest man. Co- owner of the british football club, Queens Park Rangers.
7. Amancio Ortega, 31 billion dollars: Spain’s richest man and fashion entrepreneur. Founder of the Inditex Group with his former wife Rosalita Mera.
8. Eike Batista, 30 billion dollars: Brazilian tycoon who is the President of the conglomerate EBX Group. Involved in everything from Shipbuilding, and energy production, to investment banking and mining companies.
9. Mukesh Ambani, 27 billion dollars: CEO of India’s two most valuable companies and owner of the cricket team Mumbai Indians
10. Christy Walton and Family, 26,5 billion dollars: Inheritors of the enormous Wal-Mart fortune.
World’s richest man for the third time in a row, Mexican Carlos Slim Helu!